Livingston Re-Roofing Projects
All re-roofing projects which replace the existing roof with IDENTICAL (cedar for cedar) materials do not need prior ACC review or Board approval.
Following the changes to the CC&R’s approved by the Livingston home owners in 2005, roofing products other than cedar shakes are now acceptable. New roofs replacing cedar shake will be considered on a case by case basis and will require ACC Review and Board approval BEFORE work commences.
High dimensional fiberglass composition roof product which meets all of the following criteria:
- Minimum weight of 350 lbs. per square.
- Minimum wind UL rating of 80 miles per hour.
- Class A fire rating.
- Pumpkin-tooth cut.
- Brown or grey tone color. Colors that will NOT be consider include, but are not limited to, white, red, green, blue, purple, orange or yellow.
All such alternative composition roof products must closely blend with the coloration, design, and overall appearance of a shake roof as well as the Community.
The following composition roof products have been reviewed by the ACC and may satisfy the above-referenced guidelines:
1. Celotex – Presidential Shake
*Celotex – Pre-approved Colors include
o Autumn Blend
o Bark Brown
o Shadow Grey
o Weathered Wood
2. Celotex – Presidential TL (tri-laminate)
*Celotex – Pre-Approved Colors include
• Weathered Wood
• Shadow Grey
• Autumn Blend
• Bark Brown